The First Gym of Its Kind
About The Ice Coop & Dry Tooling
This is a project of love and we welcome all stoked ice climbers and dry toolers and those that are curious about this gnarley sport.
Dry Tooling Training
What is dry tooling training for outdoors and competition?
Dry Tooling is a sport where ice tools and crampons are used on rock. In The Ice Coop, tools and fruit boot crampons are used on holds and plywood. Front points are kicked into the plywood for foot holds.
What are fruit boots / front points?
Fruit boots are a lightweight technical boot used in dry tooling competitions and when a precise boot is wanted for dry tooling specific practice. They are not warm.
What are the ideal tools to use in the gym?
We rent the Cassin X-Dream. We encourage you to bring your own, any tool is allowed – BUT no adze or hammers or pommel spikes.
Classes For All Climbing Levels
Whether you’re a beginner at dry tooling & ice climbing, or a future Olympic hopeful– we’ve got classes to help you continue to grow and excel in this awesome sport.
For $60 / month you can join the gym and climb & train in our ever-growing facilities. We have a bouldering cave, strength & conditioning training, and all the equipment you’ll need.
Get ready for early season ice and mixed climbing! The focus will be on getting comfortable with your ice tools and strength and conditioning. And of course, technique!
We have beginner’s classes, and Ladies Only classes, too!
Advanced Dry Tooling and Mixed Climbing, for competitive climbers.
With our expert instructor, Tyler Kempney– email@example.com
Our goal is to help you train indoors for the outdoors and for competitions
As of August 16th, we have a bouldering cave including, grades of routes ranging from novice to what you might see in a World Cup. Youth that are training as future Olympic hopefuls are coming in regularly to swing their tools with Tyler, manager of the Ice Coop.
Classes We Offer
Check available classes
How to use the Gym
- No shouldering of tools
- Only front points on fruit boots – No secondary or tertiary rakes. No heel spurs. We can help you figure out a solution.
- Helmets mandatory.
- Gloves mandatory. Light gloves recommended. We have golf gloves for sale – work great!
- Safety glasses HIGHLY recommended.
- Long pants. We have pants you can throw on over your shorts, if needed.
- Long sleeves HIGHLY recommended, but not mandatory.
- Max occupancy in cave is 2 climbers.
- Ice tools cannot have adze, hammers, pommel spikes, or leashes.
- No gear? We have rentals available!